“IRKUT” CORPORATION SELECTING SYSTEMS SUPPLIERS FOR MC-21 PROGRAM
“IRKUT” Corporation” has selected the main Suppliers for a number of systems of MC-21 Program:
- Landing Gear system – Proposals of Gidromash” Company (Russia) are selected;
- Auxiliary Power Unit - Proposal of Hamilton Sundstrand’s (USA) is selected;
- Environmental Conditioning System - Proposal of “Nauka” Company (Russia), which has been prepared jointly with Hamilton Sundstrand (USA) and “Hamilton Sundstrand - Nauka” Joint Venture is selected;
- Electrical System including Power Generation System and Power Distribution Complex - Proposal of ECE Company (France), which is a part of Zodiac Aerospace Corporation (France), and Hamilton Sundstrand(USA) is selected;
- Interiors and passenger equipment - Proposal of C&D (USA), which is a part of “Zodiac Aerospace” Corporation (France) is selected;
- Fuel System - Proposal of Intertechnique (France), which is a part of “Zodiac Aerospace” Corporation (France), is selected;
- Oxygen System - Proposal of Intertechnique (France), which is a part of “Zodiac Aerospace” Corporation (France), is selected;
- Neutral gas System - joint Proposal of Intertechnique (France), which is a part of “Zodiac Aerospace” Corporation (France), and Hamilton Sundstrand(USA) is selected;
- Fire protection System - joint Proposal of L’Hotellier (France), which is a part of Kidde Technologies (USA), and Hamilton Sundstrand(USA) is selected;
- Hydraulic system - Proposal of Eaton Corporation (USA) is selected. Eaton Corporation will place orders for manufacturing of more than 50% of parts and units of the Hydraulic System with Russian enterprises – PMZ “Voshod”, PKO “Teploobmennik”, MIZ “Znamya”, “Tehpribor”;
- Wing anti-ice System - Proposal of Hamilton Sundstrand(USA) is selected.
We have selected two best Proposals for three main systems. With this respect we decided to continue negotiations:
Power Plant System - Proposals of Pratt&Whitney (USA) and Rolls-Royce (Great Britain) are selected;
Avionics System - The proposals of Rockwell Collins (USA) and “Avionica” Group (Russia) are selected;
Integrated Flight Control system - Proposals of “Aviapribor-Holding” (Russia) jointly with Goodrich AS (France) and Moog (USA), and Liebherr Aerospace (Germany) are selected.
The selection procedure with respect to the aforementioned Suppliers of the free main system is to be completed by November 1, 2009.
MC-21 Program is intended for the creation of the MC-21 short and medium haul Aircraft Family with high operational capability and destined for Russian and international markets.
The “IRKUT” Corporation” is the prime contractorof the program.
MC-21 Aircrafts will allow the airlines to achieve a new level of efficiency in operation and will help reduce operational expenditures by 15% as compared with the currently operated aircrafts.
The Family of Aircrafts includes three models: MC-21-200, MC-21-300 and MC-21-400 with a passenger capacity of 150, 181, and 212 with one class cockpit arrangement. Some flight range modifications are reviewed for each of the models.
The first aircraft of the family is expected to be МС-21-200.
The innovative solutions, if implemented, would help achieve performance and comfortable environment for passengers that equal to none. The family aircraft will meet the potential standards minimizing the environmental impact.
Currently the MC-21 program is under the preliminary design.
Introduction of the MC-21 family aircraft is scheduled for 2016.